Welcome to our Silver Level Cat Friendly Clinic
Through our commitment to the excellent care of cats and their owners, Kentdale has been accredited by International Care Care (iCatCare) as a Cat Friendly Clinic at the Silver Level.
At Kentdale we understand that cats are not just small dogs! Cats not only have a different range of diseases to those of their canine cousins, but they also have different temperaments that should be handled and treated in a different way.
Bringing your cat to the Vet can be stressful for you and for your cat. Here at Kentdale we do all we can to minimise the difficulties that cats and their owners may encounter when they come to see us. Our staff are trained to be aware of the needs of cats and their owners, and we have put in place feline-friendly facilities as well as ways of working, to make your visit as stress-free as possible.
Our Cat Friendly Staff
- Knowledgeable Vets, Nurses and Clinical Support staff who are aware of the different needs of cats
- Cat-friendly receptionists, offering advice on reducing stress during travel and for your visit
- Caring, empathetic handling of feline patients
- Feline patients handled in a quiet, stress-free environment, away from dogs
- Veterinary and Nursing staff providing care for our feline in-patients 24 hours a day, 356 days a year.
Our Cat Friendly Facilities
- A spacious, quiet, off-street car park for stress-free transfer to the reception area
- A warm welcome at reception, with the option of a privacy cover for your cat’s basket
- A separate cat waiting area, allowing your cat to relax in their basket, out of sight of other animals
- Cat weighing scales
- A fully appointed cat ward equipped with;
o a layout that prevents sight of other cats
o igloos for privacy and to provide a higher viewpoint
o comfortable, cosy bedding
o a variety of types of cat litter
o cat-friendly toys
o privacy covers for kennel doors, if needed
- Isolation ward fully for hospitalisation of infectious cases
- A quiet examination room for individual, private assessment of in-patients
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and surgical facilities catering for the smaller anatomy and physiology of cats.
Meet our Cat Friendly Advocates:
Sammie Dent, Registered Veterinary Nurse
Sammie joined our team at Kentdale in 2017 as an Animal Care Assistant having always wanted to work with animals.
Having progressed to become a Student Veterinary Nurse Sammie has gone on to qualify as Registered Veterinary Nurse in January 2021.
Sammie has a horse and two kittens who like to take up a lot of her time.
As a cat lover, Sammie is thrilled to be a Cat Friendly Advocate for the Hospital and is looking forward to ensuring all those beautiful felines receive the highest standard of care for their individual needs.