Kentdale Referrals recognise that all businesses influence the environment in many ways. As such, are committed to the constant improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
We are proud that Kentdale Referrals are working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
We have identified the following crucial environmental impacts associated with the delivery of veterinary care:
- Consumption of gas, water, electricity and other fuels
- Use of anaesthetic gases
- Waste generation
- Transport emissions
- Use of raw materials, including prescribed drugs and medicines
- Procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- Commitment to net zero carbon emissions target by 2040 in alignment with Mars and Linnaeus sustainability policies
- Compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and public/customer expectations
- Monitoring key resource usage and implementation of conservation techniques
- Implement waste and recycling policy and a sustainable procurement policy
- Minimise unsustainable transport use
- Publish and distribute an annual organisation sustainability report
The introduction and implementation of the Environmental Policy is a pledge of Kentdale Referrals management and shared responsibility with our Associates. Kirsty Powell has allocated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
The policy will be reviewed every year as part of the organisation’s overall environment management plan.
Signed: Sharon Murtagh
Position: Hospital Director
Date: 1st September 2020