At Kentdale Referrals we are regularly inspected by the Royal Veterinary College (RCVS) and we are proud to have been awarded the RCVS Practice Standards Hospital accreditation.
What is the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme?
The RCVS Practice Standards Scheme (PSS) is a voluntary initiative run by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons to accredit Veterinary practices in the UK. Through setting standards and carrying out regular assessments, the PSS aims to promote and maintain the highest standards of Veterinary care.
To become accredited, we volunteer for rigorous assessment every four years and have met a range of minimum standards.
Among other things, we:
- Have arrangements in place for 24-hour emergency cover for patients on site
- Have appropriately trained staff for all work undertaken
- Comply with minimum standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Make clients aware of our arrangements for checking and monitoring patients kept in overnight
- Ensure clients are given estimates of costs of treatments and consent to procedures undertaken
- Provide are a range of diagnostic imaging modalities available to reach a rapid and accurate diagnosis to help ensure the optimal treatment is selected allowing better patient outcomes.
- Have an effective policy for communication with clients.
We are also subject to spot-checks between assessments. The PSS assessors talk to all team members, including the Vets, Nurses, and support staff, to make sure procedures are being followed and the whole team is working together to achieve the highest possible level of Veterinary care for our patients, clients and referring Vets.
Practice Standards Scheme Awards
In addition to being awarded the RCVS Practice Standards Hospital accreditation we are extremely proud to have achieved ‘outstanding’ across three further practice standards scheme awards.
Recognised as outstanding for:
Client Service: Awarding excellence in customer experience
- Our teams consistently demonstrate high levels of care for their clients, ensuring the best possible support for our clients, patients and referring vets.
In-patient Service: Demonstrating excellence in service provided to patients staying with us
This award assesses the facilities within our hospital and the nursing care for patients staying with us
- Many of our team have undergone extensive further qualifications and training to ensure the highest levels of care for all post operative patients to facilitate a strong recovery.
Team and Professional Responsibility: Awarding cohesive and responsible teams
We have robust systems in place to ensure that the welfare and safety of our associates is paramount and that their knowledge and training is kept up to date
Our team members are dedicated to taking responsibility for the levels of service offered to clients and patients, including clinical governance, practice hygiene, record-keeping and prescription services.
These awards recognise our commitment to excellence and demonstrate how our team provide services above and beyond the stringent standards of accreditation measured by the RCVS in order to deliver the very best patient care.