At Kentdale Referrals we are continually expanding our Specialist services, we are now seeking a full-time Patient Care Assistant at our purpose-built veterinary hospital located in Milnthorpe, Cumbria.
The successful applicant will work alongside a Registered Veterinary Nurse and have the opportunity to gain experience in; animal husbandry and patient care, theatre practice, sterilisation techniques, assistance with consultations and examinations, out-of-hours care and the required levels of hygiene in all areas.
Patient Care Assistants form part of our Clinical Support Team and help to provide consistently high standards of patient care and premises management.
- Care of in-patients within the wards
- Patient restraint
- Provision of high standards of preparation for procedures with the use of checklists, decontamination, sterilisation and preparation of surgical kits and equipment
- Implementation of appropriate infection control measures throughout the practice premises, to include regular cleaning schedules as per specified area checklists.
Structured training provided with the opportunity to progress into a Student Nurse Role in the future.
Professional and Personal Perks:
- 33 days holiday per year (Inclusive of Public Holidays)
- Birthday leave
- Company pension scheme
- Unbeatable learning environment
- Wellbeing and Employee Assist programme
- Cycle to work scheme.
This night role would be an average of 40hrs/week working between the hours of 8pm and 8am. Part time applicants also considered.
Ideally working four on four off, however these options can be discussed for the right candidate.
Occasional shifts to be worked during the day to allow ongoing training as required to fulfill the role.
Find out More:
If you would like to find out more about this role please contact:
Unit 2B Moss End Business Village, Crooklands